David A. Kenny
Distinguished Professor Emeritus
Ph.D., Social Psychology, 1972, Northwestern University
Dr. Kenny’s research surrounds the idea if people agree with each other, does it have to do to with it being a common person and the perceptions they have and if other individuals perceptions are valid. Diving into to find out if we know what others thing of us. He has published many texts regarding the idea. He’s also interested in:
- Interpersonal Perception
- Analysis of data for dyads
Kenny, D. A., & Judd, C. M. (2014). Power anomalies in testing mediation. Psychological Science, 25, 334-339.
Westfall, J., Kenny, D. A., & Judd, C. M. (2014). Statistical power and optimal design in experiments in which samples of participants respond to samples of stimuli. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 143, 2020-2045.
West, T. V., & Kenny, D. A. (2011). The truth and bias model of judgment (T&B). Psychological Review, 118, 357-378. doi:10.1037/a0022936
Kenny, D. A. (2010). DataToText: Possibilities and problems. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 45, 1-20.
Kenny, D. A., Kashy, D. A., & Cook, W. L. (2006). Analysis of dyadic data. New York: Guilford. (cited over 2,400 times, according to Google Scholar)
Baron, R. M., & Kenny, D. A. (1986). The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51, 1173-1182. doi:10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993 (cited over 55,000 times; most cited paper ever for this journal and the most requested psychology paper on Mendeley Psychology, as of February 2014; one of the top 100 most cited papers in science according to Nature)
Honors and Awards
- Inaugural Winner of the Methodological Innovation Prize, Society of Personality and Social Psychology, 2013
- Theoretical Innovation Award, Society of Personality and Social Psychology, 2012 and 2013
- Distinguished Scientist Award, Society of Experimental Social Psychology, 2012
- Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award, International Association of Relationship Research, 2010
- Sells Award for Distinguished Lifetime Achievement in Multivariate Experimental Psychology, Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology, 2009
- Donald T. Campbell Award, Society of Personality and Social Psychology, 2006