Psychological Sciences Information Technology, or Psych IT, supports the use of technology by faculty, staff, and student researchers in the Department of Psychological Sciences.
Psych IT provides support for teaching rooms, office computers, laptops, and printers, as well as help with websites, programming, and managing datasets. We work with colleagues in CLAS IT to provide quality services to members of our Department. We also collaborate with UConn ITS on tasks like software licensing and downloads, creation of Q-Drive and R-Drive storage, email customization, virtual machines.
If you are an undergraduate student who needs technical support, please visit Uconn Information Technology Services (ITS) Tech Support.
Room and Equipment Reservations
Psych IT Resources
Faculty, staff, and students can request to reserve rooms in the Bousfield Psychology Building online:
- For rooms A105 and A106, Bousfield Atrium, and Bousfield Mezzanine, use the Room Reservation Requests page
- All other first-floor classroom and meeting space, use the Psyweb Online Reservation System. Note: You must be on the Storrs campus or connected to VPN to reserve rooms and equipment via Psyweb.
For more information about building and key access requests, visit the Internal Resources page.
- Psych IT supports hardware and software for teaching and research in the Department. Read the Department’s Hardware and Software Support Policy.
- The Department may authorize a UConn employee, student, or affiliate to use University-owned equipment off state property for conducting university business. Read more about UConn’s equipment loan policies.
- Qualtrics is a free, web-based survey software allows researchers to create complex surveys. Note: Before you use Qualtrics, please determine whether you require IRB approval. Log into the UConn Department of Psychological Sciences Qualtrics portal.
- The University offers a variety of free software and software licenses for students, faculty, and staff in the Department of Psychological Sciences. Learn more about the UConn Software Catalog.
Psych IT supports the following printers in the Bousfield Psychology Building.
- Faculty network printers: Printer118, Printer145a, and Printer17 (named by location).
- Faculty/graduate student computer rooms: 190C and A316.
- Click here for Psych IT tutorials and links
More UConn IT Resources
UConn IT System Status Check for problems with major IT services, such as UConn email, websites, HuskyCT, or report a problem to the UConn Technology Support Center.
UConn NetID At UConn, faculty, staff, students, and affiliates receive a unique network identifier (NetID). NetID credentials allow you to log in to a wide variety of computing services at the University of Connecticut, including the Student Administration System (SAS), your UConn email account, HuskyCT online course tools, and many other technology resources.
Check Your Email Online Faculty and staff can access their Outlook account in their browser via the Office 365 web portal.
File Storage for Faculty and Staff UConn’s enterprise file services offers individual home directories (P: drive), departmental file storage (Q: drive), and research drives (R: drive). Find out more and get to know the differences.