Read Prior to Proceeding with Permission Number Request Process
If you are requesting a permission number for a psychological sciences course being offered at the Storrs campus for any of the reasons listed below:
- Fill out correct form completely.
- Note that permission numbers are not guaranteed.
- The forms on this page are for courses at the Storrs campus only.
- Students should note the various dates and deadlines on the form to understand the timeline of their request.
If you have any questions, please contact the Psychological Sciences Undergraduate Advising Office.
Reasons for Requesting a Permission Number
Students can fill out the Permission Number Request Form if they are looking to add a specific Storrs PSYC course for a semester or session, but it does not have any open seats.
- Permission numbers are not guaranteed for a closed class.
- Students will likely be instructed to monitor Student Admin for an open seat in their desired course.
- This form replaces emailing the professor directly. Students do not have to contact the instructor.
Students can fill out the Permission Number Request Form if they are looking to add a specific Storrs PSYC course for a semester or session, but they do not meet the pre-requisites for the course.
- Permission numbers are not guaranteed for a class where a student does not meet the pre-requisites.
- Most PSYC courses cannot skip over pre-requisites.
- Permission numbers will not be granted for the following reasons:
- PSYC 1100 and PSYC 1101/1103 will not be overlooked for any 2000-level+ PSYC Course.
- STAT 1000Q/1100Q and/or ENGL 1007 will not be overlooked for PSYC 2100WQ.
- This form replaces emailing the professors directly. Students do not have to contact the instructor.
Area IV PSYC Labs (if unable to enroll in Student Admin)
This information is not to request enrollment into corresponding lab sections for PSYC 1100, PSYC 1103, PSYC 2100WQ or Research Labs (i.e. 3889, 3899). Psychological sciences students who are declared on the BS Track or students with a declared neuroscience minor are required to complete one or more Area IV PSYC Labs.
- Students that meet all the following requirements can enroll directly into their chosen Area IV PSYC Lab on Student Admin during their enrollment time:
- Student is officially declared a BS psychological sciences major and/or a neuroscience minor in Student Admin.
- Student is of Junior Status and is going into their Senior Year. Visit the Scholastic Standards webpage for a list of credit and semester standing.
- Student has met the pre-requisites/co-requisites of the course. Look up pre/co-requisites in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- All Area IV PSYC Labs will be taught in-person.
- If you are planning on declaring one of the majors or minors that requires an Area IV PSYC Lab, please keep in mind that it can take up to one week for the change of major/minor to be processed and reflected on your transcript.
- If a student wants to take an Honors Area IV PSYC Lab, they must fill out the form below. Students cannot enroll in Honor's Area IV PSYC Labs on Student Admin.Area IV permission number request form. Students cannot enroll in Honor's Area IV PSYC Labs on Student Admin.
Fall 2022 Area IV PSYC Lab Course Offerings
PSYC 3250W (Honors), section 001
Lab in Animal Behavior & Learning
Use form to enroll
PSYC 3253, section 001
Sensory Neuroscience Lab
Use StudentAdmin to enroll
PSYC 3251, section 001
Lab in Physiological Psych
Use form to enroll
PSYC 3552, section 001
Sensation & Perception Lab
Use StudentAdmin to enroll
If students cannot enroll in an Area IV PSYC Lab on Student Admin because they do not meet all of the criteria above, they can fill out the Area IV PSYC Lab Permission Number Request Form.
Important notes about the Area IV permission number request form:
- Students should only use the form if they need to take an Honors Area IV PSYC Lab and/or if they do not meet all the above criteria to enroll in Student Admin.
- This form does not reserve a spot in a lab prior to a student's enrollment time.
- The Area IV PSYC Lab Permission Number Request Form will be available one week before the start of registration for the next semester.
- The deadline to submit Area IV PSYC Lab Permission Number Requests will be at the end of the third week of the registration period.
- For fall 2022 enrollment, the form deadline is on Friday, April 8.
- Students can expect a response in 1-3 business days.
For questions, please email Chelsea Zabel.
Internship Credits (PSYC 3380)
Students must have already secured an internship and are looking to earn PSYC 3880 credit before filling out the PSYC 3880 Internship Credit Permission Number Request Form.
- Permission numbers for PSYC 3880 are not guaranteed.
- Students must have already secured an internship.
- Students must complete the Learning Agreement with their site supervisor prior to submitting the request form. Uploading the completed Learning Agreement is a required part of the form.
- Enrollment in PSYC 3880 is not automatic with the submission of this form. Jessica Groves will go through materials and approve individual internship site. Upon approval, she will issue the student a permission number that should be promptly used.
- Permission numbers can only be used through the Add/Drop of each semester. If a student needs to add PSYC 3880 after Add/Drop, they should contact Jessica Groves.
Visit our internship page for more information about how to find an internship, credits and grading, and how to enroll.
For questions, please email Jessica Groves.
Permission Number Request Forms
Expand the menus below to complete the appropriate form.