Application Deadline: Not specified
Position Title: Post-doctoral research fellow
Length: 2-4 years Salary Range: $53,000 – $63,00
Our research focuses on understanding the neural and molecular basis of individual differences in behavior. Using zebrafish as a model, we map behaviorally related whole-brain neural activity by combining computational behavioral assessment with tissue clearing, light-sheet microscopy, and our recently published adult zebrafish brain atlas. The molecular basis of individual differences are probed using pharmacology and molecular genetics. This position will be focused on the generation of novel transgenic zebrafish lines for use in our behavioral research. However, members of the lab are also encouraged to develop and explore their own ideas. The position has the possibility of transitioning to a research associate and/or lab manager position if desired.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, molecular biology, cell/developmental biology, pharmacology, or related fields.
- Experience in molecular biology required.
- Experience with generating genetically modified zebrafish is preferred, but not required.
- Experience (or desire) to learn coding in R or Python preferred, but not required (we provide a great environment for learning to code!).
- Self-motivated and able to independently execute and troubleshoot research projects.
- Collegial and works well with others.
Required application materials
Send a brief email describing your background, research interests, and career goals. Please include a current CV that includes contact information for three references to Dr. Justin Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org.