V. Bede Agocha
Title:Assistant Professor in Residence
Departmental Program: Social
Office Phone: (860) 486-2051
Department of Psychology
406 Babbidge Road, Unit 1020
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-1020
Preferred Means of Contact: E-mail
- Mechanisms of bias & prejudice
- Information processing & psychophysiology of decision making
- Psychosocial mechanisms of health & risk behavior (e.g., role of alcohol in HIV-related risk taking)
- Anderson-Hanley, C., Sherman, M., Riggs, R., Agocha, V. B., & Compas, B. E. (2003). Neuropsychological effects of treatments for adults with cancer: A meta-analysis and review of the literature. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 9, 967-982.
- Cooper, M. L., Agocha, V. B., & Powers, A. M. (1999). Motivations for condom use: Do pregnancy prevention goals undermine disease prevention among heterosexual young adults? Health Psychology, 18, 464-474.
- Agocha, V. B., & Cooper, M. L. (1999). Risk perceptions and safer-sex intentions: Does a partner's physical attractiveness undermine the use of risk-relevant information? Personality & Social Psychology Bulletin, 25, 746-759.
- Dermen, K. H., Cooper, M. L., & Agocha, V. B. (1998). Sex-related alcohol expectancies as moderators of the relationship between alcohol use and risky sex in adolescents. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 59, 71-77.
- Cooper, M. L., Agocha, V. B., & Sheldon, M. S. (2000). A motivational perspective on risky behaviors: The role of personality and affect regulatory processes. Journal of Personality, 68, 1059-1088.